The “Master of Science in Textile Engineering" has got an interdisciplinary structure and encompasses two modes of study: one practically oriented option “by coursework” and one research-oriented option “by research”. The “coursework” option focuses on practical and applied textile engineering. The “research” option is a research intensive specialization in textile engineering. Students have to choose between different focus areas: either on coursework or on research.
1. Outline coursework focus:
- Compulsory courses (43 CP): Control Engineering, machine design process, gear and transmission technology, finite element methods for engineers, quality management, fluid dynamics, high performance fibres, composites.
- Electives (22 CP)
- Research Projects (25 CP): Minor research project, Master Thesis.
2. Outline research focus:
- Compulsory courses (32 CP): Control Engineering, machine design process, quality management, fluid dynamics, high performance fibres, composites.
- Electives (10 CP)
- Research Projects (48 CP): 1st and 2nd research project. Master Thesis.
Successful participants receive a Master of Science degree (M.Sc.) awarded by the RWTH Aachen University. With this degree graduates become part of the German textile research community at one of the top universities for engineering in the world and can apply after the graduation directly for a leading position in the industry. In addition, students with outstanding academic performance shall be inspired to pursue an ongoing academic career at RWTH and its location in Aachen.
Download of Curricula and Module Handbooks
Please refer to the CAMPUS system of the RWTH Aachen University to find detailed descriptions for the modules of the study programme and a weekly schedule.
The curricula of both tracks are provided as pdf downloads below - additionally the most recent module catalogue is provided.