Joint Programme with MSM
Studying at Maastricht School of Management (MSM)
"Located in the heart of Europe, within easy access of Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne, Frankfurt, London and Paris, Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands. Located in Europe, but an established global player, we know how much good management matters for success. We know how important it is to make internationally accredited management education accessible. Our programs are offered around the world, from Cairo to Lima to Nanjing, and elsewhere. Forging the established with the new and the north with the south, our distinct approach to business equips our students and clients to flourish in a world where rapid change and the importance of knowledge are the only two givens. We believe our graduates learn more about themselves, as they learn about the world at MSM. Ultimately this is what will give them and their organizations the edge in life and business."
Message of the Dean, Prof. Wim A. Naudé, PhD
Organization of the Programme
- The program at Maastricht School of Management consists of three segments: the foundation segment providing academic skills and a solid knowledge of business foundations, the business management segment and the final project (Master’s thesis). The courses in the Foundation segment run from mid September to December, the Business Management courses start in January and finalize in May. Lectures are given on a full-time basis on weekdays, mostly divided by classroom sessions in the morning and individual/group assignments in the afternoon. Exams take place after each course.
- Most of the courses are taught by a team of professors that bring with them different expertise areas, led by the course coordinator. All courses are under supervision of the Academic Coordinator of the management program.
Teaching Methodology and Teaching Units
- Lectures, problem-based learning individual and group assignments, case studies, seminars, discussions and independent study all play an important role in MSM’s teaching methodology. Lectures are interactive and provide plenty of opportunity to students to discuss with the professor on the topic of the lecture. MSM’s emphasis in group assignments is on working efficiently and effectively in multicultural groups, an invaluable skill of today’s managers. Case studies provide a vehicle for identifying problems, analyzing them, developing solutions and ways to implement them.
- The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centered system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a program. A 5 ECTS credit course takes around 140 study hours, of which 40 hours are contact hours with lecturers, and covers a period of about three weeks. The management program contribution comprises a total of 60 ECTS.
- The MSM campus is located close to the historic city center of Maastricht, in the area called Randwyck, at walking distance from the Maastricht Randwyck train station. MSM has a modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. Student accommodations are available in the MSM Guesthouse at Aparthotel Randwyck. Free internet access is available as well in the MSM school building as in the MSM Guesthouse.
Please see also some Brochures of the MSM and the website: www.msm.nl