Fees and Expenses
Tuition Fee (payable to RWTH International Academy)
M.Sc. Textile Engineering / M.Sc. Production Systems Engineering
- Tuition fee: 13,500 EUR in total (3 semester regular study period), payable in half-yearly installments of 4,500 EUR
M.Sc. Computer Aided Conception and Production in Mech. Engineering
- Tuition fee: 18,000 EUR in total (4 semester regular study period), payable in four installments of 4,500 EUR.
M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering / M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Design Concepts and Structural Engineering of Industrial Facilities / M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems / M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems / M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Water
- Tuition fee: 22,000 EUR in total (4 semester regular study period), payable in four installments of 5,500 EUR.
- Administration fee for Maastricht School of Management: Around 150 EUR per semester (applies only for the semester(s) in Maastricht) - this fee will be invoiced also by the RWTH International Academy.
Payment Regulations for the Tuition Fees
- The tuition fees are due on 30 June for the following winter semester and on 31 December for the following summer semester. Students will be informed about the option of quarterly or monthly installments beginning from the second semester.
- The tuition fees indicated above are valid from winter semester 2017/2018 onwards.
Banking Information RWTH International Academy gGmbH
Beneficiary: RWTH International Academy gGmbH
IBAN: DE90 3905 0000 0000 4383 74
Name of the bank: Sparkasse Aachen
Address of the bank: Muensterplatz 7-9, 52062 Aachen
In order to locate the payments, customer and invoice number, as well as the abbreviation of the study programme (e.g. PSE, MME-CAME) have to be indicated in the headline. Newly admitted students have to indicate their application number instead of the customer/invoice number.
Social Contribution Fee (payable to RWTH Aachen University)
- Social Contribution Fee: around 245,- EUR per semester
This fee must be paid to the RWTH Aachen University after the arrival in Germany and following your enrolment with the university. This contribution fee includes a transportation ticket that allows you to use public transportation in the whole state of North Rhine-Westphalia. More information about the social contribution fee is found here
Please do NOT transfer the social contribution fee along with the tuition fees to RWTH International Academy. You will receive detailed payment information during your enrolment.
Recurring Deadlines of re-registration for enrolled students are: 1 March for the summer term and 1 September for the winter term.
Living Expenses in Germany
The living expenses in Germany depend highly on your individual lifestyle. The largest monthly expense for students is rent: including additional charges, one typically pays between 250-350 EUR per month. Health insurance is also a fixed item per month (for students of the age under 30, ca. 65,00 EUR per month). Additionally food accounts for at least 160 EUR per month. You also have to calculate monthly costs for transport, clothes, work and study materials, leisure activities, etc. Altogether, you need at least 750-850 EUR per month.
Jobbing and student assistance at the RWTH Aachen University
Generally, students enrolled at the RWTH Aachen University have the opportunity to find a job on campus and work up to 19 hours a week. This opportunity also allows students to get in touch with the university institutes on a closer level than within normal lectures. The maximum working limit to work-off campus is 120 days per year for non-EU students. Students should keep in mind, however, that working many hours per week can lengthen the duration of their studies in Aachen.
Student jobs can be found on the RWTH Job search engine here.