The programme Master of Science in Production Systems Engineering builds upon the existing qualifications of the students and facilitates a deepening of the knowledge in the fields of materials, manufacturing processes, process and product engineering, manufacturing system design, manufacturing competitiveness and management. Skills such as leading and functioning within project teams and being able to communicate effectively will be strengthened. By extensive laboratory experience, the graduate will be able to carry out fundamental or applied research, to identify vital work steps and to communicate the results of such research. The Master's degree awarded by the RWTH Aachen University is recognised worldwide and qualifies graduates for further PhD studies.
A production engineer is someone who...
- identifies and realizes measures for yield improvement, test optimization and product cost-ability methods
- plans, directs, optimizes and monitors production processes
- selects or develops the adequate machines for a production
- deals with cost and investment analyses
- designs workplaces
...to make a difference. Is this you?
Students have to complete the following course elements as part of their master studies:
- Compulsory courses (lectures, exercises, laboratory courses)
- Manufacturing Technology, Production Management, Welding and Joining technologies, Gear and Transmission Technology, Mechatronics and Control Techniques for Production Plants,...
- Elective courses (lectures, exercises, laboratory courses)
- Machine Tools, Machine Design Process, Multibody Dynamics, Production Metrology, Control Engineering, Tribology, Advanced Software Engineering...
- Master thesis
- German language course (B1 - September and during first semester)
- English taught
- 1,5 years programme (3 semesters)
- 90 Credit points
- Master of Science - M.Sc. (RWTH)
- Fees: 4,200 EUR per semester
- Start: Every year in October
- Application Deadline: Every year 1 March