The course of study “Master of Science Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems" (MME-EPS) is an interdisciplinary programme conducted by two European universities, well-reputed in their specific fields. The German RWTH Aachen University has one of the best faculties of mechanical engineering worldwide and conducts the programme's engineering part. The Dutch Maastricht School of Management has a worldwide reputation for its programmes in business and management teaching.
The main objective of the course is to offer methodological and problem orientated education which is related to research as well as to practice. Therefore, advanced knowledge in engineering, science and economics is transferred in this course. In particular, the course modules are focusing on high voltage engineering, electrical machines and battery storage systems used to automatize and manage complex power systems as well as to solve faults and stability problems in power systems. Students will be exposed to such topics as the physical problems of energy storage and power electronics and using computational engineering tools to automatize and manage complex power systems.
Our specialist in electrical power systems is someone who...
- Designs and operates peaking power plants, load following power plants or virtual power stations to keep the electrical power system in balance,
- Improves the reliability of the supply through the implementation of sophisticated predictive simulation and computing techniques,
- Optimizes the cost balance between energy production and its environmental impact,
- Develops investment strategies needed to improve the electrical power system,
- Designs and develops innovative smart grids,
...to make a difference. Is this you?
The course of study “Master of Science in Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems (MME-EPS)” combines the expertise of the RWTH Aachen University and the Maastricht School of Management in the fields of electrical engineering and management.
Engineering at RWTH Aachen University, Germany
The Engineering part of the programme will be conducted by the faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of the RWTH Aachen University. This faculty sees its prior mission in training high qualified and responsible engineers in the broad field of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering for future leading positions in industry and society. The faculty a leading position in teaching and research in these fields holds nationally as well as internationally. The excellence of the faculty results from a close relationship between teaching and research, a good balance between a fundamental scientific approach and important industrial applications and intensive cooperations within the RWTH Aachen University, within the Jülich-Aachen-Research Alliance (JARA) and with associated institutes and external research partners.
Management at Maastricht School of Management (MSM), Netherlands
Maastricht School of Management contributes the business-related component to this programme. Students will be trained as a globally-oriented managers with solid knowledge of the core management processes and with an understanding of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. Throughout the programme, students will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
- Entirely English-taught
- 2 Year programme (4 semesters)
- 120 Credit points
- Master of Science - M.Sc. (RWTH)
- Joint programme, organized in cooperation with Maastricht School of Management (Netherlands)
- Places of Study: Aachen, Germany and Maastricht, Netherlands
- Fees: 5,500 EUR per semester
- Start: Every year in October
- Application Deadline: Every year
- Non-EU citizens: 1st of March
- German and EU citizens: 15th of July
Find us on Facebook!
Download the Brochure