Graduates with the expertise to understand both the art of management and the complexities of engineering processes are increasingly sought after in today's industrial world. The MME-CAME caters to this demand as an industrial engineering master's programme that will give you the choice and the flexibility to work in two increasingly interlinked fields of today's professional activities: technology and business administration.
Is this Programme Right for Me?
The course of study “Master of Science Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering" (MME-CAME) is an interdisciplinary programme conducted by two European universities, well-reputed in their specific fields. The German RWTH Aachen University has one of the best faculties of mechanical engineering worldwide and conducts the programme's engineering part. The Dutch Maastricht School of Management has a worldwide reputation for its programmes in business and management teaching.
An industrial engineer is someone who…
- uses sophisticated computer simulation software for the development of mechanical drawings
- applies cutting-edge computer modelling for the development of high-tech products
- simulates the product performance under extreme conditions to identify the best materials to improve the fabrication drawings continuously
- identifies the most cost-efficient material composition and production method for specific high-performance products
- develops, designs and improves products and solutions in manufacturing and service industries
- places and promotes ideas, goods and services on international markets
- stays on top of quality management and controlling
- makes culturally diverse teams excel through his/her leadership
... to make a difference. Is this you?
Not all industrial engineers spend their entire professional life working in interdisciplinary activities, but with the MME-CAME programme you will have gained the skill set and competencies to do so if you choose to: work at the interface of technology and economics.
Study in Two Countries
Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering at the RWTH Aachen University
The programme's first year is designed to broaden and increase the knowledge and practical use of computer-aided simulation techniques in mechanical engineering with a focus on the development and application of computer-aided methods and systems at all stages of product development. It provides in-depth knowledge and understanding of finite element methods, numerical methods, simulation, mechanics, software engineering, and production management. Current research directly influences the curriculum and ensures that students are exposed to the most up-to-date information and practices.
The RWTH School of Business and Economics also contributes three management modules during the first two semesters.
Management at Maastricht School of Management
The Maastricht School of Management contributes the business-related component to this programme. Students will be trained as a globally-oriented managers with solid knowledge of the core management processes and with understanding of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. Research-based knowledge is combined with a broad interdisciplinary view of management in courses that take an explicitly strategic and integrative view of the management function. Throughout the programme, students will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
The following subjects are part of the MME-CAME curriculum and are to be completed as coursework:
Engineering Compulsory Subjects
- Advanced Finite Element Methods
- Numerical Methods in Mechanical Engineering
- Production Management A
- Reliable Simulation in the Mechanics of Materials and Structures
- Simulation of Discrete Event Systems
- Continuum Mechanics
- Nonlinear Structural Mechanics
- Advanced Software Engineering
- 2 Compulsory Electives: Multibody Dynamics / Welding and Joining Technologies / Manufacturing Technology II / Factory Planning / Modelling, Model Reduation and Simulation in Laser Processing - Design / Mechanics of Engineering Materials
Management Compulsory Subjects
- Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Innovation Management
- Finance and Accounting
- International Project Management
- Organizational Development and Change
- Economics for Managers
- International Business
- Leadership and High Performance Teams
- Professional Negotiation Skills and Management of Conflicts
- Entirely English-taught
- 2 Year programme (4 semesters)
- 120 Credit points
- Master of Science - M.Sc. (RWTH)
- Joint programme, organized in cooperation with Maastricht School of Management (Netherlands)
- Places of Study: Aachen, Germany and Maastricht, Netherlands
- Fees: 5,500 EUR per semester
- Start: Every year in October
- Application Deadline:
- Non-EU citizens: 1 March
- Bildungsinländer, German and EU citizens: 15 July
Join us on facebook: M.Sc. MME-CAME at RWTH Aachen University