Graduates skilled to understand both the art of management and complex engineering processes are increasingly sought after in today's industrial world. The Master of Science in Management and Engineering in Production Systems is a unique programme conducted as a combination of two European high level universities well reputed in their specific fields. The German RWTH Aachen University holds one of the best faculties of mechanical engineering worldwide * and conducts the programme’s engineering part. The Dutch Maastricht School of Management (MSM) has a worldwide reputation for its programmes in business and management teaching.
Do you want to increase your career perspective by combining your passion for production engineering with your high interest in management in order to work in an interdisciplinary environment at the interface of technology and economics?
Our industrial engineer will…
- design, direct, monitor and optimise production processes (lean buffering design, efficient raw material processing, product quality, etc.)
- develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient
- manage employees from various engineering disciplines as well as cross-disciplinary and global teams
- identify and realise measures for yield improvement, test optimisation and product cost-ability methods
- select or develop the adequate innovative production machines and assembly systems for state-of-the-art manufacturing planning
- deal with cost and investment analyses
...to make a difference. Is this you?
Engineering & Management at the RWTH Aachen University, Germany
The programme’s part which is derived from the M.Sc. programme Production Systems Engineering provides in-depth knowledge and understanding of production technology, production systems and production-related processes. It particularly focuses on industrial R&D practice in the four areas of organisation, manufacturing technology, production machines and resources, and quality management. Research directly influences the curriculum, ensuring that students are exposed to the most up-to-date information and practices possible.
Management at Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands
Maastricht School of Management contributes the business-related component to this programme. Students will be trained as a globally-oriented manager with solid knowledge of the core management processes and with understanding of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. Throughout the programme, students will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
- Entirely English-taught
- 2 Year programme (4 semesters)
- 120 Credit points
- Master of Science - M.Sc. (RWTH)
- Joint programme, organized in cooperation with Maastricht School of Management (Netherlands)
- Places of Study: Aachen, Germany and Maastricht, Netherlands
- Fees: 5,000 EUR per semester
- Start: Every year in October
- Application Deadline:
- Non-EU citizens: 1 March
- German and EU citizens: 15 July
Find us on Facebook!