New Programme in Cooperation with the MSM Maastricht School of Management
+++ Start in the Winter Semester 2017/18 +++
Water management systems are fundamental to society, through the supply of safe drinking water, the treatment of waste water, the flood and costal protection and through the social and ecological roles of water management. Significant resources are invested to ensure that complex water systems meet the levels of service and performance requirements as defined by increasing social and environmental requirements, whilst minimizing financial, environmental and social costs. The continued development, operation and management of these systems requires highly trained experts with knowledge and practical skills that covers science, engineering and management disciplines. This M.Sc. programme provides the educational base and professional foundation for water specialists. Water specialists that stand out for their ability to integrate scientific principles, engineering knowledge and management techniques for innovative problem solving.
Study in an international M.Sc. programme in two countries!
An expert in water resource is someone who...
- Develops sustainable coast and river protection systems most cost-efficiently
- Unifies the ecological and economical approaches to natural water resources
- Develops sustainable waste water treatment systems and provide high-level drinking water
- Consults municipal water companies in developing investment strategies to improve the water management systems
- Combines the technical demands of an urban water supply with the preservation of ecological systems
- Consults the government in water conservation strategies and sustainable water cycle management
... to make a difference. Is this you?
Obtaining, distributing and managing the vulnerable resource water will play an even bigger role in the future than it does today. Reconciling ecology and economy in the water management is a challenging task where management skills and water engineering know-how is indispensable. Therefore it is important that the complex water systems meet the levels of service and performance requirements defined by increasingly social and environmental demands, whilst minimizing financial, environmental and social costs. The continued development, operation and management of these systems requires highly trained experts with knowledge and practical skills that covers science, engineering and management disciplines.
The programme Master of Science Management and Engineering in Water combines the wide range of applied science, engineering and management disciplines represented in water management.
The main objective of the course is to offer further expertise in the water management sector by providing a balance of technical, theoretical and practical knowledge in fields like Environmental Analysis, Water Supply, Pipe Construction, Operation and Maintenance, Wastewater Treatment, Groundwater Management, Water Governance, Water and Energy, Flood and Coast Protection, Change Management (climate, demographic, urbanization).
- English taught
- 2 years programme (4 semesters)
- 120 Credit points
- Master of Science - M.Sc. (RWTH Aachen)
- Joint programme, organized in cooperation with Maastricht School of Management (Netherlands)
- Places of Study: Aachen, Germany and Maastricht, Netherlands
- Fees: EUR 5,500.00 per semester
- Start: Every year in October
- Application Deadline:
- Non-EU citizens: 1 March
- German and EU citizens: 15 July
Join us on facebook: MME-Water at RWTH Aachen University