How to Apply for RWTH Aachen University Summer Schools
Via email: Please send your electronic application via email to email@example.com and merge all documents to one single PDF file.
To apply, please send in:
- Your letter of intent (stating your motivation for applying to the programme, further study plans, and career goals)
- Your curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Your academic records (transcript of records) or, if applicable, diploma or certificate. Your GPA should be at least 2.5 according to the German grading system.
- A colour photo of yourself
Early applications are encouraged! We will evaluate your application based on the overall strength of your academic record, extracurricular experiences, and your letter of intent.
We will inform you in April/May at the latest whether you are admitted to the Summer School.
- Application deadline in order to receive an "Early Bird" discount is 1 March of each year.
- Application deadline is 1 May of each year in order to have enough time for visa and travel arrangements.
The course fees include all lectures, laboratory courses and excursions, accommodation, breakfast and lunch, social events and all meals during social events, and a public transportation ticket for the respective time.
Each of the Summer School programmes is individually designed for international undergraduate students who want to get to know RWTH Aachen University and the city of Aachen firsthand. Master students who wish to learn about mechanical engineering and experience RWTH Aachen University are also welcome.
At the end of the programme, participants will receive an official Summer School Certificate from RWTH Aachen University stating the scope and the content of the course. Students may apply for credit acknowledgement at their home institutions.
The International Academy works together with various institutions to offer accommocation for the Summer School students:
preStep Boardinghaus, located in the city centre, it offers a warm and international atmosphere for all its guests and provides two to four beds per room.
Guest House of RWTH Aachen University, where the participants of the "German Engineering, Language and Culture" Summer School will stay.
Admitted Students need to provide a comprehensive health insurance for the entire duration of the stay: An example can be found here: www.hmrv.de/web/en/travel-insurance/travel-health-insurances/au-pairs-pupils-students
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to hearing from you!