- Create an online application account at the RWTH Aachen University Online Portal here
- Follow the steps indicated in the online application account. You will be asked to upload several documents, please see a complete list in the requirements section
Completion & Postal Mailing
- Print out your online application form and sign it
- Send your printed and signed application until end of December (Chinese Applicants) or mid of February via mail (post) to the address below. Please note: the uploaded supporting documents (CV, transcripts etc.) do not have to be sent by post. It is sufficient to submit them electronically
RWTH Aachen International Academy
Please note: the final deadline for the postal receipt of your application is 1 March of each year.
Only exemption: Bildungsinländer, German and EU Nationals may apply until 15 July of each year.
Please do not send the original TOEFL or IELTS score sheets to the university! Please include a scanned copy in your online application. Please keep the original score sheets and bring them to the enrolment (in case of admission)!
Submitting the Documents
- Please do not send us any original documents - we do not send application documents back!
- If your documents were not issued in German, French, Dutch, or English, you must have a certified translator translate them into either German or English. The correctness of the translations must be authenticated by the German diplomatic or consulate representative in your home country – e.g. the German Embassy – or a certified translator!
- Please do not submit application folders, clear protective covers, or folders of any kind. Send your documents as loose sheets. Do not send the documents in separate envelopes!
- Please remember to bring the originals with you to enrollment of all the documents you submitted copies of in your application. During enrollment we check the validitiy of the copies you provided using the originals. Please note that you cannot enroll without the originals! You must also bring certificates and such that were issued in non-standard sizes so that we can confirm their validity.
You only need to send the signed application form! Please do not send all the documents that you uploaded in the online application portal!
Receipt & Information
- Please wait for the confirmation of the receipt of your documents. Please understand that it might take some time until you will receive a confirmation email. You do not have to contact us, we will contact you as soon as possible via the email address that you indicated in the move-In (online application system).
Admission & Rejection
- Letters of rejection/admission will be sent out for each programme individually, usually in May.
- Letters of admission will be setd as emails and simultaneously via regular post. Letters of rejection will be sent by email.
You will receive all detailed information about the next steps with your admission
- Visa Matters: You should appropriately calculate the time you will need to apply for a visa. This may be up to three months for non-European citizens. Please start immediately with your visa application after admission and make an appointment with the embassy.
- Please inform yourself at the German embassy in your home country about the possibility to get a Student Applicant Visa, which you can apply for even before receiving an acceptance/admission letter from the university. The Student Applicant Visa is usually valid for three months and can be turned into a residence permit in Germany after receiving a university admission. A tourist visa cannot be turned into a residence permit once you are in Germany, we advice you not to enter Germany with a tourist visa if you are planning to study here.
- Accommodation Matters: Please refer to the accommodation section and apply for a dormitory straight ahead.
For more information please refer to the Admitted Students section.