This website provides the applicant's profile with the specific knowledge and skills requested to get an admission for Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems. For general requirements, such as a list of requested documents and language certificates, please see the website "Applicants".
Application Process - Overview
Please apply online and follow the steps of the online system
- Link to online portal: www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam(link is external)
- Once you have finished the online process, please print the application form and send it via post.
- Application deadline is March 1 of each year. Please note: the documents have to reach us via post by this deadline!
- Full information about all general requirements and the application process can be found here: applicants
- Academic first degree: Requirement is a recognized first university degree (Bachelor) in the fields of Electrical Power Engineering or Electrical Engineering, which gives evidence of the required qualification for the Master's degree course. Recognized are university degrees that have been approved or officially accredited by a responsible public authority of the country in which the university is located.
- General Record Examination (GRE)
- Subject requirements: In order to be sufficiently qualified for a successful completion of the Master's degree program, the student applicant must have acquired the necessary knowledge in the following areas:
Online Course by the School of Business and Economics at the RWTH Aachen University
- Basic knowledge in business administration is requested as an admission requirement. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online courses conducted by the school of business and economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the beginning of the course (July-Sep).
- More information: Module Description (pdf) and Kick Off Presentation of 2014 (pdf)
Professional Practical Work Experience
Professional work experience of as a rule no less than one year is expected (see also Applicants). The proof of work experience must include the following information:
- Complete address and stamp of the company
- Contact details and reference of supervisor
- Date of joining and, if applicable, resignation date
- Weekly hours
- Job position
- Short task description