Application Process - Overview
Please apply online and follow the steps of the online system
- Link to online portal: www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam
- Once you have finished the online process, please print the application form and send it via post. Please note: You do not have to send any hard copies of your certificates.
- Application deadline is March 1 of each year. Please note: the application has to reach us via post by this deadline!
- Full information about all general requirements and the application process can be found here: applicants
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, such as Automotive, Aerospace or Energy Engineering, Manufacturing, Structural, Industrial or Production Engineering, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Fundamental knowledge in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural science that should be covered within the following modules: Mathematics, Mechanics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Informatics/Programming/Computer Science, Physics, Technical Drawing and CAD.
- Furthermore knowledge in the following courses is requested: Fluid Dynamics, Automatic Control, Design Engineering, Production Management, Machine Tools, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical Drives, Quality Management, Fluid Techniques, Materials Techniques.
- Very good performance in your undergraduate studies.
- Practical work experience of at least 6 months at the time of application.
Professional Practical Work Experience
Professional work experience of as a rule no less than one year is expected (see also Applicants). The proof of work experience must include the following information:
- Complete address and stamp of the company
- Contact details and reference of supervisor
- Date of joining and, if applicable, resignation date
- Weekly hours
- Job position
- Short task description