Application Process - Overview
Please apply online and follow the steps of the online system
- Link to online portal: www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam (link is external)
- Once you have finished the online process, please print the application form and send it via post (no certificates of any kind need to be sent along via post)
- Application deadline is March 1 of each year. Please note: the application has to reach us via post by this deadline!
- Full information about all general requirements and the application process can be found here: applicants
Academic Requirements for Textile
- The Textile Engineering students are expected to possess:
- A Bachelor of Engineering or Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Fundamental knowledge in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural science that should be covered within the following modules: Mathematics, Mechanics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Chemistry, Physics, Machine Tools, Technical Drawing.
- Furthermore knowledge in the following courses is requested: Finishing, Textile techniques, Fibres, Automatic Control, Quality Management, Computer Sciences, Simulation Techniques, Economics, Molecular Chemistry.
- Practical work experience.
- Very good command of English language
- Good German language skills (Goethe Certificate B1 or TestDaF 3): From 2016, students will have the chance to acquire the German knowledge until the requested B1 level prior to the beginning of the Master Programme at RWTH Aachen University. The RWTH International Academy will therefore offer a Master's College for Textile students with a prepraratory German Course and technical courses. More information upon request.
- GRE test (no specific points are requested)
Please find the relevant information concerning the selection process and requirements in the PDF below.
Professional Practical Work Experience
Professional work experience of as a rule no less than one year is expected (see also Applicants). The proof of work experience must include the following information:
- Complete address and stamp of the company
- Contact details and reference of supervisor
- Date of joining and, if applicable, resignation date
- Weekly hours
- Job position
- Short task description