Academics & Administration
The master courses are organized in winter semesters (beginning 1 October) and summer semesters (beginning 1 April). Intakes are only possible in the winter semester. The lectures are held in the winter semester uintil mid-February and in the summer semester until mid-July. Most exams are given in the lecture free period (mid February to end of March/mid July to end of September).
The CAMPUS system is an online system that provides information about all study programmes, lectures, weekly schedules etc. Moreover, students can log into their own CAMPUS portal to register for lectures and exams.
All issues concerning exams are dealt with by ZPA - the central examination office
- To be checked at the beginning of the semester: information on the registration process for exams and deadlines
- To be checked after the registration period: check your registration
- Instruction for Online Withdrawel/Exam Cancellation
Extending your Residence Permit
- Information on extending your residence permit on the website of the RWTH's foreigners office
The RWTH Wiki is for students to find all relevant information on the most important legal frameworks, internal rules, regulations, and processes on the topics of studies and teaching. Content in this section has been specifically created for the group of RWTH students. The area is accessible from within the RWTH network (i.e. via an RWTH IP address) or by using a VPN connection to the RWTH network. It is available in English as well as in German.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Kackertstraße 9, 52072 Aachen
The faculty of mechanical engineering is your most important contact point for issues such as: requests to the examination board, requests to change your study plan, acknowledgement of internship, request to write thesis in an external institution, e.g. in a company.
- Praktikantenamt (Internship Office): Kackertstr. 9, Room C 202 / phone: +49 241 80 95306 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fakultät für Maschinenwesen (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering): Kackerstr. 9, Room C 218 / phone: +49 241 80 98157
Super C - The Studyfunctional Center
Templergraben 57, 52062 Aachen
- Central Examination Office - Zentrales Prüfungsamt: Exam registration etc.
- Computation Center -Service Desk: Concerns about internet connection, TIM password, RWTH user account
- Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländeramt der Stadt Aachen): To receive the residence permit
- Information Center: Contact point for international students
- International Office: Enrolment, certifications
- Student Registrar's Office - Studierendensekretariat: Social contribution fee deadlines, semester dates etc.